Invariably the main reason for apparent leaks with a roof window is a direct result of incorrect or poor installation. All FAKRO products are subject to rigorous testing to the most severe conditions and are designed to be completely watertight, and when fitted correctly provide trouble free use . Areas to look for is there is water penetration include:
- Elements of the flashing kit missing or fitted incorrectly
- Cover profiles of the window missing or damaged
- Incorrect flashing kit fitted
- Back gutter channel not fitted
- Window fitted on an incorrect roof pitch – standard roof windows should not be fitted on a roof where the pitch is below 15 degrees. If your roof pitch is below 15 degrees then contact us as we may be able to offer a solution.